If you are considering a dental crown for functional or cosmetic purposes, we encourage you to read the following eight facts to help you learn more about your dental crown from Frandsen Dental:
- Dental crowns are hollow, tooth-shaped caps. They can be made from gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal, and are created to match the shape and size of your natural teeth.
- Dental crowns are permanent prosthetics that are cemented into place for long-lasting function, support, and stability. Barring the occurrence of a dental injury, they can only be removed by a dentist.
- Dental crowns are most often used to restore damaged or weakened teeth, particularly after root canal treatment or the removal of a large dental filling.
- Dental crowns can prevent dental extraction. When a tooth is severely damaged by decay, infection, or injury, a dental crown provides protection and stability, eliminating the need for the tooth to be removed.
- Dental crowns can cover dental implants. They attach to the implant post to replace the crown of a single missing tooth.
- Dental crowns aren’t just for unhealthy teeth. We can provide a dental crown to cover a misshapen or unattractive tooth and improve the overall appearance of your smile.
- Dental crowns typically last between 5 and 15 years, and their longevity depends on proper care and excellent dental health.
- Crowns need to be replaced if they are showing wear and tear, such as cracks or chips, or tooth decay is starting to develop around the edges. Proper care of your dental crown and regular visits to the dentist can prolong the life of your crown for many years.
You are welcome to contact Frandsen Dental at 435-884-3002 today to learn more about dental crowns in Grantsville, Utah. We invite you to schedule your consultation with Dr. Frandsen or Dr. Dansie to determine if a dental crown is right for you.