If you struggle with a dull or unappealing smile but are unable to visit the dentist just yet for cosmetic treatment, you can try a few of these tips to improve your smile at home:
1. Use lip balm to hydrate your lips. Dry, chapped lips are no friend to an attractive smile. As the winter season approaches, we encourage you to keep your lips hydrated with lip balm.
2. If you wear lipstick, you can make your smile look brighter by pairing it with a bright shade of lipstick. Even teeth that aren’t naturally white can look lighter in contrast to a plum, berry, or cherry shade, so swipe on a glowing color for an upcoming special occasion.
3. Floss regularly for healthy gums. You can keep your gums looking pink and plump by flossing regularly. Red or inflamed are typically caused by a buildup of bacteria, but flossing removes the plaque and food particles from your smile.
4. Consider switching to an electric toothbrush. More effective than manual brushes at cleaning stains and removing particles, electric toothbrushes are ideal for patients who want a more radiant smile.
5. Choose the right toothpaste. The right toothpaste will help keep your teeth bright and your gums healthy, and if you don’t know which toothpaste to choose, you can receive a recommendation from our dentist.
We invite you to call 435-884-3002 today and schedule a visit to Frandsen Dental if you would like more cosmetic dental tips or need to see our dentist for professional cosmetic dentistry in Grantsville, Utah.